Find Adventure In Algonquin
Escape the everyday, discover the extraordinary
Algonquin Accommodations is your doorstep to one of the greatest natural playgrounds in the world. Find unforgettable wildlife experiences, bold backcountry adventures and mindful moments just steps away.
Stargazing in Algonquin
Watch a meteor shower light up the sky, look for auroras or simply take in the wonder of the Milky Way. Don’t forget to take in the Perseids meteor shower from July
25 to Aug 18, peaking August 12/13 each year
- Stargaze from our firepits
- Join a stargazing event, including our annual meteor shower
- Ask us for the best spots
- See our Blog for the best meteor showers of the year
Fishing in Algonquin
If you’re looking for a well stocked lake, you’ve come to the right place.
- Ask us about the best spots
- Borrow gear through nearby Tackleshare sites
Swimming in Algonquin
If you’re looking for sandy shores and a place for a dip, you have plenty of options, including:
Paddling in Algonquin
Algonquin is known around the world for its canoeing. From beginners to old hands, there are plenty of backcountry trips and gentle routes to choose from:
Food & Dining in Algonquin
From eat-in to take-out and fine dining along the docks, Algonquin and South Algonquin serve up cuisine for all travelers.
Nordic Skiing in Algonquin
There’s nothing like skiing and snowshoeing through a snow-covered forest. Rent snowshoes for FREE from Algonquin Accommodations
Snowmobiling in Algonquin
South Algonquin has long been a popular spot for snowmobilers. Here’s where to find the best spots:
ATVing in Algonquin
South Algonquin is a prime ATV destination, offering scenic trails along the border of Algonquin Park. Explore the rugged wilderness on an ATV, experience the breathtaking beauty of the natural surroundings.
- Enjoy scenic ATV trails in South Algonquin
- Explore the rugged wilderness on an ATV
- Experience the breathtaking beauty of natural surroundings along the border of Algonquin Park
Photography in Algonquin
Algonquin Park is a popular destination for photographers, offering breathtaking landscapes, wildlife, and scenic vistas. From its rolling hills to its serene lakes, Algonquin Park provides ample opportunities for capturing stunning images.
- Experience diverse photography opportunities in Algonquin Park
- Capture stunning images of rolling hills and serene lakes
- Spot wildlife such as moose, black bears, and beavers
- Immerse in nature and landscape
Painting in Algonquin
Painting in Algonquin Park offers breathtaking natural beauty and inspiration for artists, with a rich history of painters including the famous Tom Thomson. See the vibrant colors of fall foliage and wildlife in their natural habitats.
- Explore the rugged wilderness and capture its beauty in your paintings.
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere while surrounded by the stunning scenery of Algonquin Park.
- Immerse yourself in nature and create unique, memorable pieces inspired by the park’s landscapes and wildlife.
Waterfalls in Algonquin
South Algonquin is a wonderful haven for waterfall enthusiasts, boasting multiple breathtaking waterfalls to explore. Some of the must-see falls include the falls at the Rolling Rapids Motel, along with four other stunning, picturesque, and unique falls that can be found along the old railway bed trail that follows the Madawaska river and include the famous Pearly Shoots. Visitors can also experience the awe-inspiring Bark Lake falls, the Caster Oil Shoots and the Whitney Dam falls, offering a distinctive experience with their powerful, rushing waters and rocky terrain.